Who can receive Options Counseling?
- People under age 60 with a disability
- Family members and caregivers
- Individuals in hospitals facing admission to a rehab hospital or nursing facility
- Individuals who are entering a nursing facility and who are not on MassHealth
- Individuals who are residing in a nursing facility and who are not on MassHealth
- Individuals residing in their own homes with questions on maintaining their independence
What services does the Options Counseling program provide?
- Access to written material and brochures regarding long term care options
- Phone or in-person counseling services in the hospital, nursing facility or in the individual's home within the community
- Discussion with an Options Counselor about personal goals, functional capacity, informal and family supports, and financial situation
- Discussion to explore options including settings, programs, services, funding options, etc.
- Determination of next steps and assistance as needed to connect with resources
- Follow up contact from the Options Counselor to determine if needs were addressed
- Individuals can receive these services prior to admission to the facility or discharge to a nursing facility or any other setting
Is there a fee for Options Counseling?
There is NO CHARGE for Options Counseling Services.
Options Counseling Program
BayPath serves the following communities:
Ashland, Dover, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton,
Hudson, Marlborough, Natick, Northborough, Sherborn, Southborough, Sudbury, Wayland, and Westborough.
How can Options Counseling help me?
The Options Counseling program provides person-centered/person-directed decision support, enabling individuals to make informed choices about long term settings and programs that are available to them.
Our experienced and trained counselors will help you understand all of your options. They help you determine what you may be eligible for and inform you of the potential resources that may be available to help pay for supports and services.
We spend time to understand your needs and your situation so that we can refer you to the appropriate professionals. Individuals can receive services in a Hospital or Rehab Setting, in a Nursing Facility, or their own home within the community.
Call us at
Person-centered/person-directed decision support, enabling individuals to make informed choices about long term settings and programs available to them.
Options Counseling is available through BayPath’s partnership in the MetroWest Aging and Disability Consortium (ADRC), providing, through the “no-wrong” door policy, information, support and services to adults with disabilities of all ages.
For more information
MetroWest Aging and Disability Resource Consortium
For a complete list of services and programs throughout the state, please call
click here for the
33 Boston Post Road West - Marlborough, MA 01752 508-573-7200
Elder Services, Inc.