Options Counseling Program
The Options Counseling program provides person-centered/person-directed decision support, enabling individuals to make informed choices about long term settings and services, to understand the resources available to help pay for supports and services, to be referred to appropriate professionals, and to obtain assistance in connecting with resources. Individuals can receive services in a Hospital or Rehab Setting, in a Nursing Facility, or in their own home within the community.
Options Counseling is available through BayPath’s partnership in the MetroWest Aging and Disability Consortium (ADRC), providing, through the “no-wrong” door policy, information, support and services to adults with disabilities of all ages.
Counseling is directed to these situations:
- Individuals in hospitals facing admission to a rehab hospital or nursing facility
- Individuals who are entering a nursing facility and who are not on MassHealth
- Individuals who are residing in a nursing facility and who are not on MassHealth
- Individuals residing in their own homes
Services are available to:
- People under age 60 with a disability
- Family members and caregivers
- Access to written material and brochures regarding long term care options
- Phone or in-person counseling services in the hospital, nursing facility or in the individual's home within the community
- Discussion with an Options Counselor about personal goals, functional capacity, informal and family supports, and financial situation
- Discussion to explore options including settings, programs, services, funding options, etc.
- Determination of next steps and assistance as needed to connect with resources
- Follow up contact from the Options Counselor to determine if needs were addressed
- Individuals can receive these services prior to admission to the facility or discharge to a nursing facility or any other setting
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR OPTIONS COUNSELING SERVICES.
For more information about the Option Counseling Program, please call 508-573-7200
For more information about the MetroWest Aging and Disability Resource Consortium please visit: www.mwadrc.org
For a complete list of services and programs throughout the state, please call 1-800-AGE-INFO or
33 Boston Post Road West - Marlborough, MA 01752 - Phone 508-573-7200
BayPath serves the following communities:
Ashland, Dover, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Hudson, Marlborough, Natick,
Northborough, Sherborn, Southborough, Sudbury, Wayland, and Westborough.