What are the objectives?
- Provide information and referral
- Educate staff and families
- Assist residents and families with concerns
What are the requirements?
- A sincere interest in making a difference for LTC residents
- good communication skills
Who benefits from Nursing Home Outreach?
- Residents in Nursing Homes and Rest homes
- Long Term care facility staff
- Service and regulatory agencies
What are the Volunteer Benefits?
- Personal satisfaction in helping vulnerable elders
- Continuing education on relevant healthcare issues
- Professional supervision and monthly support meetings
- Travel expenses reimbursed
Ombudsman Program Director
To learn more about this challenging yet rewarding volunteer opportunity:
Ombudsman volunteers work with residents, their families, and the staff of long-term care facilities to improve the lives of the residents by ensuring that the required level of care and the standards of their environment are as they should be.
How does the Ombudsman program operate?
It is a state and federally mandated program sponsored by BayPath Elder Services, Inc. and is administered through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Executive Offices of Elder Affairs. This program utilizes the services of certified volunteer ombudsman.
It Ombudsmen are volunteers of all ages and backgrounds who are trained and certified by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs to help resolve concerns and issues of residents of long term care(LTC) facilities.
Ombudsman program overview
For more information about what is means to volunteer as an Ombudsman click here.
BayPath serves the following communities:
Ashland, Dover, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton,
Hudson, Marlborough, Natick, Northborough, Sherborn, Southborough, Sudbury, Wayland, and Westborough.
The Nursing Home Family Resource Line from Mass.gov is a dedicated phone line to connect family members of nursing home and rest home residents with the information and resources they need. The line is staffed from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, 7-days a week.
33 Boston Post Road West - Marlborough, MA 01752 508-573-7200
Elder Services, Inc.