What is One Care?
One Care is a way to get your MassHealth and Medicare benefits together.
One Care offers services to dual eligible adults age 65 and under, that they would not be eligible for if their MassHealth and Medicare benefits are separate. With One Care, you have one plan, one card, and one person to coordinate your care.
One Care offers a broad range of medical and behavioral health services, long-term services, and community-based services, all in a single individualized program. Each One Care plan has a network of health professionals to provide care for its members, with hospitals, specialists, and community agencies providing additional services.
No one is required to join One Care. Anyone who enrolls in a One Care plan may opt out and use MassHealth and Medicare providers on a fee-for-service basis at any time.
33 Boston Post Road West - Marlborough, MA 01752 - Phone 508-573-7200
MassHealth and Medicare have joined together
with health plans in Massachusetts to offer
One Care: MassHealth + Medicare.
One Care: MassHealth plus Medicare
BayPath serves the following communities:
Ashland, Dover, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton,
Hudson, Marlborough, Natick, Northborough, Sherborn, Southborough, Sudbury, Wayland, and Westborough.
BayPath Elder Services, Inc. is a member of the MetroWest ADRC, a partnership with HESSCO and the MetroWest Center for Independent Living.
BayPath Elder Services, Inc. and its programs are funded in whole or in part by contracts with the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, funds from the Older Americans Act, and donations and grants from businesses, foundations and individuals.
One Care Health Plans & Coverage Areas:
BayPath Coverage area: available in all 14 towns within BayPath's service area
Contact Info: 1-800-442-0520 | TTY 617-638-7053
BayPath Coverage Area: Southborough, Westborough, and Northborough
Contact Info: 1-888-257-1985 | TTY: 888-391-5535
- You are between the ages of 21 and 64
- You have Medicare Parts A and B
- You qualify for Medicare Part D (drug coverage)
- You have MassHealth Standard or MassHealth CommonHealth
- You do not have any private health insurance (like health insurance from your job)
- You do not participate in Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) or in a Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver
- You live in an area covered by a One Care plan
What Benefits Will I Get with One Care?
How do I apply?
There are several different ways you can enroll in One Care.
- Fill out & Mail a paper Form
- Call the MassHealth Customer Service Center
Mon –Fri | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- SHINE Program (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone) counselors can work with you and your caregivers to help you understand your options.
Mon – Fri | 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
How is my One Care plan developed?
and other common questions:
- Select a primary care provider: If you decide to enroll in a One Care plan, you must choose a primary care provider from your plan's network.
- Have a medical evaluation: Your primary care provider will evaluate your medical and behavioral health.
- Who develops my plan? You and your primary care provider, along with your Care Coordinator and care team, will decide on a care plan that works best for you.
- What types of Services will I get? You will get the medical, behavioral, dental, long-term services and supports, and community-based services that are part of your individual care plan.
- Will I have an interruption in my current care? NO. When you enroll in One Care, there will be no immediate changes in your care. You will have a transition period to make sure that the change from MassHealth / Medicare dual coverage to One Care does not cause any problems with your care.
- Do I have to join One Care? No, you are not required to join One Care.
- What if I do not like one Care? You may opt out and go back to regular MassHealth and Medicare dual coverage at any time.
For more information call BayPath at 508-573-7200.
- All of Part A (Hospitals)
- One person to coordinate your care
- All prescriptions through one plan
- Community Support Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Non-medical Transportation
- A Long-term Services Coordinator
- Medical Equipment Supplies and repairs
- Personal Assistance Services